Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Puking
So, in Longyan, I had hooked up with the "biker" crowd, and I was supposed to meet the foreigners there for a ride that night up the local hill. However, they didn't show up, so I ended up going for a bike ride with around 20 other Chinese bikers. It was pretty fun, but the little hill overlooking the town was super steep. That combined with two lunches (I had eaten before I went to get the bike, and when I went to buy the bike, the local bikers absolutely insisted that I have lunch with them - I should have known better) made it so that by the time I made it to the top, I was feeling extremely uncomfortable. I quickly found a bathroom and proceeded to puke out the entire contents of my completely undigested second lunch. That was gross. Luckily, noone was around, so I didn't have to completely lose face in front of all the hardcore Chinese bikers. But after puking, I felt much better and the ride home was fairly enjoyable. However, it made me think "What am I getting myself into............" I mean it wasn't even that tall of a hill - just extremely steep. Furthermore, I didn't have my pack lashed to the back of my bike either, so it really shouldn't have been that hard. We'll see if I survive or not........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment